Closing your eBay account shouldn’t come with all the hassle.
Knowing eBay, they would cause tons of issues as of recent.
To truly close your account, you will need to resolve all issues with eBay.
This would mean, solve all billing issues, fees, account disputes, etc.
Why do many sellers want to close their eBay account in the first place?
It varies from seller to seller. Some want to get out of the game, many go out of business or some just simply hate how eBay has turned out.
Whatever the case may be, closing your account is not as difficult as it may seem.
There is no penalties nor is there any fees to close your account.
In any case, if you do have negative balances or unpaid fees, then yes, there will be penalties and fees to handle before closing the account.
Once that is all squared away, it is time to being the process of closing your eBay account.
Step By Step Guide To Closing Your eBay Account
- First, log into your eBay account.
- Make sure you do no have any listings on your eBay account for sale.
- Once then, check your seller account for disputes, seller complaints or any seller fee balance.
- From there, head to the special eBay closure page.
- Select the category on why you want to leave eBay.
- Confirm the closure by going over the disclosure.
- Click the close account button.
- Your done! Congrats!
Note: Account will not close immediately. There is a waiting period to ensure all transactions are closed.
When you decide you want to sell on eBay again, you will need to create a new eBay account from scratch.
Just remember, closing your account will mean all history is lost, purchases & any feedback accumulated.
Making the decision to close the account must be a permanent one if you ever decide to climb aboard again.
Starting from scratch takes awhile and is not as easy as it used to be.